Birth Options Consultation and Preconception Counseling
& Sibling Preparation
Trying to Conceive? Newly Pregnant? Interested in Conscious Conception? Exploring your options? These consultations are designed for couples planning to conceive in the near future or women in their first or second trimester who wish to explore alternatives and options for childbirth including midwife-assisted delivery, Doula care, natural childbirth in the hospital, birth centers, waterbirth and childbirth at home, pleasurable and sacred birth. Private phone, email, Skype, or in-person consultation available in Los Angeles County.
Consultation Provided By:
A Certified Childbirth Educator, Certified Birth Assistant, Midwife Assistant, Certified Lactation Educator, and Certified Health Education Specialist with a Masters in Public Health in Health Education and Promotion/Maternal-Child Health and over 20 years experience educating and supporting expectant parents to make informed choices in childbirth and to have safe, satisfying and empowered births.
Book Your Private Consultation Now!
To register, submit the Birth form
BIRTH PLANNING RESOURCES
Download: Childbirth Education Classes
Birth Planning Values Clarification Exercise:
Take this survey to determine what’s important to you about your birth experience and medical provider. Download PDF
Downloads from the Coalition for Improving Maternity Services:
“Questions to Ask When Choosing A Care Provider”, “Highlights of the Evidence Supporting Mother-Friendly Childbirth” and more
ABOUT BIRTH OPTIONS CONSULTATIONS AND PRECONCEPTION EDUCATION
Birth Options Consultations are usually 2 hours in length, taught in your home or by email or phone, will help you to:
- Understand how your preconception lifestyle choices can determine your unborn baby’s future.
- Explore principles of Conscious Conception, Joyful Pregnancy & Pleasurable Birth and Sacred Birth
- Decide where to have your baby: hospital, birth center or home
- Compare and contrast the midwifery and medical models of childbirth
- Choose your birth attendant: midwife or obstetrician
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of hospital, birth center and childbirth at home
The Association for Wholistic Maternal and Newborn Health
Los Angeles, CA 90050-0630
Pay by debit card or credit card at Paypal
Use the pull down menu below, and select “Birth Options Consultation” Enter the number of units (1 unit = $50.00 = 1 hour). Birth Options Consultations are 2 hours so enter “2” units. Then select the “ADD TO CART” button, and you will be redirected to Paypal’s secure website where you can pay with your Paypal account. If you don’t have one, you can set one up in minutes. Or you can use your debit or credit card.
- Learn about Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC) Options
- Learn about the waterbirth option
- Learn about the benefits of Doula Support and Enhanced Doula Support/Monitrice Services
- Learn how complications and emergencies are handled in out-of-hospital birth
- Find out about insurance coverage for childbirth at home
- Prepare siblings for childbirth participation
- Get a referral to doctors, birth centers, waterbirth centers, doulas and midwives
- Get answers to your pregnancy questions
|PAY FOR CLASSES AND SERVICES|
Pay By Check
Birth Options Consultations are $50.00 per hour. This is a 2-hour session for $100.00. Make Checks payable to The Association for Wholistic Maternal and Newborn Health (AWMNH).
About the Instructor
Cordelia Hanna, MPH, CHES, ICCE, CLE, CBA
Is a Certified Childbirth Educator (ICEA), Certified Birth Assistant (ALACE), Certified Lactation Educator (CAPPA), Postpartum Doula and Assistant Midwife. She has taught hundreds of couples and attended births as an Assistant Midwife and Doula/Monitrice in hospitals, homes and birth centers throughout Los Angeles County since 1991. She has a Masters in Public Health (MPH) in Health Education and Promotion/Maternal Child Health from Loma Linda University. She is a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) accredited by NCHEC, the gold standard for professional health educators. She has extensive experience working in the public health arena in Los Angeles as a Perinatal and Women’s Health Education Consultant, Trainer and Workshop Leader. She is married and is the mother of two homeborn, breastfed, attachment parented children who are now bright and capable young adults. Learn more about Cordelia
Resources of Interest
For Further Browsing:
Check out The Birth Survey! Share your birth story. Rate your hospital, doctor or midwife. Find out what women are saying about your doctor and hospital. Go to The Birth Survey by clicking below: